A Developer Advocate’s role is to act as a bridge between the engineering team and the developer community. We are looking for a curious and an avid learner, who can think outside of the box, with good engineering and communication skills.
- Software engineer with a strong technical background
- Naturally curious
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to break down technical concepts for a wider audience
- Mid to advanced knowledge of Twitter
- Ability to provide a high-level explanation on how a feature works under the hood, especially This Dot projects
- Provide technical insights on latest releases/hot topics
- Have experience committing to open source projects and understanding of the community mechanisms of open source projects
- Genuinely invested in diversity, equity and inclusion in the tech community and the world at large
- Enthusiastic about working with a diverse, global team of developers
What does a developer advocate do at This Dot?
- Help fellow developers be successful and productive with the tools they love and use
- Constantly learning and sharing what you are learning
- Staying up to date on all tech releases
- Ability to give meaningful feedback to marketing/sales team
- Write articles, blog posts, case studies, and social media copy
- Produce tutorials, documentation, and sample code demonstrating best practices
- Conduct trainings and workshops and provide space for discussions and peer-learning in online forums and at virtual or onsite movement events
- Talk with teams, individual contributors and community volunteers to obtain an in-depth understanding of needs and requirements of technical contributors
- Support and help grow a vibrant technical community
This Dot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 100% remote (work from home)
- Join a team of like minded professionals
- Opportunities for collaboration with other members of the This Dot team
- Camaraderie and all around support with our Team Slack
- Learning and development opportunities
- A positive and thriving company culture that understands work/life balance
- An opportunity to grow with a leader in the remote work space
- Company newsletters, team shares, quizzes, prizes and celebrations
- Fun company swag!