This Dot is looking for an experienced Development Operations Engineer to join the team. You’ll be directly impacting the developer experience through infrastructure configuration and orchestration. Our mentors and team members are contributors to some of the top open-source frameworks and libraries such as React, Ember, Angular, Polymer, RxJS, VueJS, Preact, React Native, NativeScript, Ionic, and TypeScript. Our expert architects have worked at some of the top companies like Google and Netflix. We have extensive experience building brands and marketing in the open source landscape and have well developed relationships within the development industry. Our team frequently speaks at conferences and hosts training workshops on building applications for the web platform. You’ll collaborate with our developers to help deploy products to a variety of different cloud providers utilizing different technologies such as Kubernetes, Serverless, etc. by setting up CI/CD pipelines and creating monitoring that provides value back to our customers.
- Proven track record of managing a team’s infrastructure
- Typically requires 2-4 years of related experience
- Experience in one of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Independent and efficient time management
- Exceptional communication skills, open to giving and receiving honest feedback
- This is a remote position, must be able to perform work independently with little supervision and be able to physically perform all work on a computer
- Occasional travel for This Dot events required
- Experience in database management
- Experience writing backend applications with Node.js or equivalent
- Experience working with UI libraries like React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Passion for learning new technologies, with a strong mindfulness of the pitfalls of early adoption
- Conference speaking experience or desire
- Previous experience working remotely
- Guide teams in designing, building, testing, and deploying changes to new and existing software based on best practices for the related tooling
- Enhance the company’s IT infrastructure security protocols
- Identify manual processes that can and should be automated
- Maintain and improve the company’s cloud infrastructure
- Maintain and improve our client’s cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with clients and co-workers in different timezones, maintaining communication and clear expectations.
- Mentor, teach, and pair with developers both internally and our clients remotely using video technologies such as Slack Calls and Google Hangouts.
- Represent This Dot in community events such as podcasts, meetups, etc.
- Make open source contributions and lobbying as needed for our clients.
This Dot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 100% remote (work from home)
- Join a team of like minded professionals
- Camaraderie and all around support with our Team Slack
- Learning and development opportunities
- A positive and thriving company culture that understands work/life balance
- An opportunity to grow with a leader in the remote work space
- Company newsletters, team shares, quizzes, prizes and celebrations
- Fun company swag!