Reports To: VP of Engineering
Job Overview: The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the timely execution of projects within budget. They will work with Engineering Managers and architects to create contract proposals and estimates, staff projects, monitor progress, and inform stakeholders of status. This position will work with our teams to enable them to deliver amazings results that our clients and users love. The ideal candidate will have strong technical project management skills allowing them to oversee multiple projects and teams of both internal and external resources.
- At least 3 years of experience managing technical projects including its plan creation, scope management, and status reporting
- Strong project management, planning, analysis, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex, cross-discipline projects
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization to coordinate resources and schedules
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and conflict resolution skills
- PMP preferred, but not required
- Engineering background preferred, but not required
- Define and manage project schedules in accordance with a structured product development process framework.
- Coordinate internal and external resources for all aspects of the project.
- Establish work plans and utilize daily management to track progress.
- Ensure schedule adherence and delivery of products per defined specifications and cost targets.
- Participate in the conceptual design process and help the team estimate the potential schedule impact of different design options.
- Manage scope creep and deviations from plan, enacting appropriate countermeasures to mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to escalate unresolved issues and risks, and drive key decisions when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary company, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Work with a team to help evaluate, prioritize, and implement projects which will provide a cost-competitive, value-added advantage relative to the competitive product landscape.
- Produce and report project/team KPIs and metrics to all stakeholders.
- Maintain and continuously improve our project management templates and tools.
- Contribute to the preliminary business cases for projects by providing preliminary project and resource estimates, in collaboration with staff architects.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement by creating, documenting, and helping to implement business process improvements that increase efficiency, improve quality, and/or reduce costs.
This Dot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Working with a stellar team focused on advancing the web forward
- 100% remote (work from home)
- Join a team of like minded professionals
- Opportunities for collaboration with other members of the This Dot team
- Camaraderie and all around support with our Team Slack
- Learning and development opportunities in different industries
- A positive and thriving company culture that understands work/life balance
- An opportunity to grow with a leader in the remote work space
- Company newsletters, team shares, quizzes, prizes and celebrations
- Fun company swag!
Available in certain locations:
- Paid time off
- Company holidays
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance plans available