This Dot is looking for an experienced and talented Software Architect to join the team. The Software Architect is responsible for contributing to the design and development of new software or extensive software revisions for external customers. This position works with other technical experts to create high-level architectural specifications and address problems of systems integration and compatibility. Our team frequently speaks at conferences and hosts training workshops on building applications for the web platform.
- Proven track record of delivering lightweight, performant applications with little guidance.
- Typically requires 2-4 years of related experience.
- Proficient computer science fundamentals.
- Independent and efficient time management.
- Exceptional communication skills, open to giving and receiving honest feedback.
- This is a remote position, must be able to perform work independently with little supervision and be able to physically perform all work on a computer.
- Occasional travel for This Dot events required.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in RxJS, Node.js, Redux, React Native, and other UI libraries like Angular, Ember, Vue, etc.
- Passion for learning new technologies, with a strong mindfulness of the pitfalls of early adoption.
- Conference speaking experience or desire.
- Previous experience working remotely.
- Identify project requirements directly with clients, providing guidance and timeline estimates.
- Build and maintain quality applications for clients, using the appropriate technologies.
- Strive for performant and maintainable code.
- Collaborate closely with clients and co-workers in different timezones, maintaining communication and clear expectations.
- Mentor, teach, and pair with other architects and developers both internally and our clients remotely using video technologies such as Slack Calls and Google Hangouts.
- Represent This Dot in community events such as podcasts, meetups, etc.
- Make open source contributions and lobbying as needed for our clients.
This Dot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Working with a stellar team focused on advancing the web forward
- Paid time off
- Company holidays
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance plans available